It’s all about the terroir!
‘Terroir’, as our French friends and most wine lovers will know, is a fantastic term which encompasses our human connection to our surroundings and how we and they combine to create products of character; our character – the region, soils, customs, flora and fauna, and all the exciting, unusual and vital elements which go into making a truly exceptional product.
Our terroir is;
- the Icknield Series, recognised as producing the best malting barley in the world for hundreds of years;
- the Warminster Maltings (the oldest hand maltings in Britain);
- the Hadham borehole that draws water from within the Icknield Series, which we use to brew the beer;
- the head brewer, who has been brewing in this area for over 20 years, and the way he extracts the elements from the raw materials and combines them in the brewing process;
- the brewery, modern and ultra clean;
- the computer-controlled cask washer & filler and steel casks;
- the refrigerated conditioning store;
- the direct distribution;
- the Cellar Support.